- Duck dives – are used to retrieve objects or get out from under an upturned boat. Predominantly used in deep water from a horizontal float position.
- Dolphin dives – are used to dive under waves or objects. Generally used from a standing position.
Teaching Tips and Class Management
- Duck dives – start with a handstand from standing and progress to a duck dive from a front float
- Dolphin dives – hands up over ears, with bend knees, push off to dive over, through or under an object.
- Set up the pool with a series of ropes across the pool
- Students swim up to rope and then dive under