- Thumbs down moving hands away from the body, thumbs up moving hands toward each other as a good way to stay afloat and to reserve energy at the same time.
- Keep this motion going to stay afloat.
- Moving legs in a cycling motion with assistance from hands in a similar movement.
- Use arms to aid flotation.
Egg Beater Technique
- Push legs to the side, alternating left and right. Feel the pressure on the sole of the foot as you push out.
- Use sculling action with arms to help stay afloat.
Teaching Tips and Class Management
- All students can be in the pool at the same time experiencing this.
- Encourage students to keep limbs underwater, without splashing when sculling.