In the Water
Watch out for yourself and others
- Be aware of those around you in the water.
- Check on anyone showing signs of distress or hypothermia.
- Remain aware of your own swimming capability.
- Have an awareness of the area or conditions that you are swimming in.
- Have fun, but always remain alert and don’t push yourself beyond your own level of comfort.
Be aware of the dangers
- Be mindful of the dangers at each area of water you are swimming at, as these can change unexpectedly.
Know Your Limits
- Challenge yourself within your physical limits and experience.
- Learn safe ways of rescuing others without putting yourself in danger.