FREE School Holiday Programme For 11-17 year olds
Splash Break-Away is a FREE holiday programme that is funded by Oranga Tamariki.
The programme is designed for 11-17 year olds which focuses on water safety and the 15 drowning prevention competencies. This programme runs over four consecutive days and participants are expected to attend all four days to receive a Splash Break-Away certificate of completion.
Programme content that is covered:
- 4Rs Bystander Rescues
- Lifejacket Safety
- Safe Boating in collaboration with Coastguard Boating Education
- Safe Kai Moana gathering (snorkelling in the pool environment)
- Beach safety (simulating open water experiences)
- Water Competence upskilling
- Range of aquatic & land-based games
*Each day focuses on a different water competency:
Splash provides opportunities for kids to have-a-go in aquatic sports, to improve their water safety competence and knowledge, while enhancing their swimming ability. It is an inclusive and friendly environment where confidence is built, and kids are encouraged to give new activities a go by experienced instructors. A basic lunch and snacks are provided however we encourage parents/caregivers to pack extra food for their child/children especially if they have dietary requirements.
Venues for each programme are TBC and will be made known before registering.
We are currently on the lookout for experienced and passionate Water Safety Ambassadors who can help deliver this programme. Job applications are open please contact [email protected] if you are interested.
2021 Programme dates:
April School Holiday:
Mon 27th, Tue 28th, Wed 29st, Thu 30nd April
Funded by Water Safety NZ
- Manurewa Pool & Leisure Centre – Fully booked
- West Wave – West Wave Pool Splash Break-Away programme is cancelled this week due to unexpected pool maintenance. The pool will be re-opening on the 22nd April. In the meantime we are doing our best to contact parents/guardians who had already enrolled to transfer their child’s registration to the following week 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th April.
- Ōtara Pool & Leisure Centre
- Papatoetoe Centennial Pool
Online registrations open: Now
If this is something you think your child will enjoy please register them using the button below as soon as registrations open.
Please note, one participant per registration. For more information email: [email protected]
We encourage you to take your child/children through our free online course before attending the programme.
REGISTER FOR APRIL 2021
9.00am – 2.30pm daily
Mon 27, Tue 28, Wed 29, Thu 30 April 2021
Registration open now.
Phone: 027 249 5974